Title: HR Manager
Reports to: Head of Human Resources
Responsible for: This role will be responsible for the delivery of the key HR Functional services across the business and support and work closely with the Head of HR to deliver fundamental programmes to the business.
Objective: To Partner and actively engage with the organisation to understand the service needs and to seek to integrate the HR function with service activities to provide quality services to our clients.
- Build strong credible relationships with Management and Colleagues
- Provide accurate and expert advice to line managers and their teams on all aspects of people management
- Continually challenge, recommend and where appropriate, develop improved ways of working within the HR Function through people, processes and systems to deliver change to performance and delivery
- Manage and continuously review and develop all HR policies and procedures
- Develop and deliver meaningful HR interventions to drive key areas such as employee relations, performance management, recruitment, employee engagement and communications within the business
- To manage a number of HR related projects across the respective services to enhance people and the organisation’s performance
- HR Strategy:
- In conjunction with the Head of HR, develop and lead the implementation of the HR strategy that supports achievement of the organisation’s business strategy. Develop and ensure delivery of HR Action Plan in line with organisational strategic plan
- HR Team:
- Lead, develop and motivate an effective HR team to continue to execute the HR Strategy in line with best practices
- Lead the HR team to build capability by sourcing, selecting and recruiting the required skills to meet the business needs, deploying modern practices
- Research competitive cost/non cost compensation and benefits packages including base pay, allowance etc.
- To advice on reward management systems and the operation of pay structures and performance & development pay scheme that attracts, retains and motivates employees.
- Management and monitoring of HR budgets including analysis, reporting and action on variances.
- Employee Relations:
- Support the organization in the management of employee relations issues in line with HR policies and legislation.
- Conduct internal investigations, documents findings and makes recommendations to management as appropriate.
- Maintain relationships with union officials to ensure the timely and orderly resolution of disputes
- Act as the company’s representative at meetings with union groups and external bodies
- Ensure all applicable legal requirements are met and work closely with IBEC, Legal Expertise on all situations with a litigation risk or other liability.
- Learning and Development
- Develop a Learning & Development Strategy to compliment the L&D culture of the organisation
- Agree annual training and development plan for staff
- Ensure learning is evaluated on a number of levels to ascertain its impact on the quality of service and performance monitored against learning objectives.
- Manage recruitment activities providing workforce planning, candidate sourcing, interviewing and selection
- Manage the Volunteer Programme in-line with the ethos of the organisation, to include Volunteer Appreciation Day and drive the Investing in Volunteer Standard for good practice in Volunteer management
- Health & Safety
- Responsible for managing the H&S Contract for the organisation
- Chair the organisation wide Health & Safety Committee
- HR Service Delivery
- Implementation of organisational HR systems, processes, policies and procedures in a consistent manner across all areas of the organisation and ensure the HR Service delivery is aligned with the organisation’s business needs while fulfilling its statutory obligations and its obligations to employees
- Work with the HR Team to standardise, streamline and modernise the core HR processes across the organisation
- Ensure that the Human Resource Department has Standard Operating Procedures and best practice HR policies and procedures
- Produce the appropriate management information, benchmark best practice, analyse trends and prepare actions to resolve, engage directly with the leadership team on the required actions.
- Manage all third party vendor contracts related to all HR Activities e.g. pension, occupational health, EAP etc.
- Deputies for the Head of HR when required.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.