We are recruiting a full time Temporary Shop Manager for a non profit shop in Galway city centre. This is a temp role week to week, but there is also a permanent role available. Salary: €26k, 37.5hrs per week.
Your primary role is the overall management and development of the shop and working to an agreed work plan and financial targets to increase turnover.
Reports to: Area Manager and Head Office
- Recruit, train and inform all volunteers of their expected duties and to actively source volunteer staff
- Maintain a positive and happy atmosphere with particular attention to customer service and public relations
- Ensure shop staffing cover is adequate to the needs of the business and taking into account seasonal trends and daily busy periods of trade
- Promptly report to the Area Supervisor, any difficulties that may be experienced with volunteers and Workers
- Responsible for monitoring and restricting pilferage of all merchandise from the moment it arrives on the premises until sold or recycled
- Assist with training or coaching of staff from the shops
Shop Management :
- Ensure that your shop meets the sales and other targets that are set for it
- Ensure the shop is opened for trading during the hours of 9:30am and 5:30pm daily from Monday to Saturday and that you and your staff/volunteers strictly observe the requirements of the Organisation of Working in Time Act 1997
- Ensure that all window displays are attractive and changed weekly (plan yearly celebrations and events)
- Take full responsibility for donated goods and ensure proper presentation and merchandising to the fullest potential, including security, washing, ironing and cleaning where necessary, pricing, ticketing and stock rotation
- Ensure the shop is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure that no goods are offered for sale that are not top quality (no broken zips, bobbled clothes etc)
- Selling furniture and merchandising of various retail categories.
- Training and managing social activation scheme employees as well as volunteers
- Take full responsibility for the shops accounting procedures including banking procedures, till receipts procedures, to ensure that the correct transactions and cash handling procedures are adhered to at all times including staff purchases
- Take full responsibility for the inventory and security of all equipment and fittings on the premises
- Arrange and support on-going fundraising events and activities and meet specific targets
- Take full responsibility for proper inventory and accounting of “Bought In Goods”
Promotion and Marketing:
- Promote the company Retail brand and the shop locally, through a variety of channels in a cost effective way
Health and Safety:
- To be responsible for the health & safety of all concerned within the shop, volunteer and public
- Undertake responsibilities as required in the observation of all fire procedures, location of extinguishers and Health & Safety
- Undertake shop related duties and other ventures as might be required from time to time including attendance at meetings (in particular the Annual General Conference), evaluations & training courses etc
- Ensure you report your day off/sick leave/annual leave and other time off to your Area Manager and Head Office
- Be flexible with working hours when required by the needs of the business (cover sickness, holidays, promotions and other shop)
- Be flexible with your weekly day off; ensure you have shop cover prior to taking your day off.
- Any other reasonable duties that may be requested by the Area Manager or Head Office.
This job description may be reviewed from time to time in line with the needs of the business.
Key Competencies for Shop Managers
Drive for Results
Time Management & Priority Setting
Building Effective Teams
Integrity and Trust