Orange Recruitment are seeking a Business Intelligence Coordinator to join our client, a Public Sector body based in Dublin City Centre. This is a contract opportunity up until 31st December 2022. Salary for this position is €49,846 per annum.
The post holder will be responsible for analysis of operational data and producing business intelligence to support Early Years Operations teams in business planning and decision-making. The role will include development of new reports, dashboards and answering of complex queries from Early Years Operations teams that require an analytical approach.
The purpose of this role is to assist the organisation in achieving the ambition of leveraging existing data, realising its value as an asset and better using information to underpin programme design and operational decision making.
- Work with Early Years Operations teams to identify, agree and prioritise the business intelligence needs of the business teams and develop an analysis work plan to address these needs.
- Develop appropriate reports and dashboards addressing information needs of Early Years Operations teams as specified in the analysis work plan.
- Coordinate collation of programme and business data and conduct analysis to provide business intelligence to Early Years Operations teams and the organisation’s management teams.
- Support management teams in regard to provision of data, analysis and reports for programmes and business operations in the area of Early Learning and Care.
- Provide support to Funder Liaison Executive (Funder Liaison Unit) on detail of programme data.
- Internal research, data analysis and reporting
- Work with teams across the organisation to scope and develop research questions that can be answered with existing datasets and provide analysis to answer such questions.
- Contribute to the preparation of Board/Department reports and answering Funder and Parliamentary queries.
- Combine programme data held by the organisation with relevant external literature and data sources and draw conclusions.
- Occasionally, support the monitoring team through answering ad-hoc queries received from the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth.
- With Early Years Operations teams, define indicators to measure operational activity.
- Develop monitoring frameworks and reporting procedures to ensure that business processes are underpinned by data.
- Define parameters of monitoring and reporting systems for data collection on programmes.
- Quality control – attention given to data quality and validity; responsible for liaising with Operations Teams where quality issues are identified & for direction on better data management.
- Determine, develop and deliver training as appropriate to staff
- Induction of new staff
- Performance management
- Ensure that all staff adhere to regulations and procedures
- Allocate work, develop staff and ensure effective relationships in a team working context
- General HR, Learning and Development
- Any other duties within the general requirement of this job description which may be required from time to time.
- Experience in business data analysis, including gathering reporting requirements, data mining, analysis and data modelling design using data collected from multiple systems (e.g. internal databases, Data Warehouse, other datasets)
- Experience in developing reports and dashboards in relevant BI tools, such as PowerBI
- Knowledge and experience of performance monitoring systems, such as CRM
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Evidence of the production of high quality reports or written materials
- Proficient in MS packages e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, programme databases, SharePoint portals
- Qualifications Relevant third level qualification (e.g., Degree), or equivalent
- Knowledge of workings of the Early Years/community/voluntary/public sector (desirable)
- Understanding & experience of social inclusion issues (desirable)
- Understanding of the Irish language (desirable)