Orange Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Communications Officer for our client, an EU agency based in South County Dublin. This is a contract opportunity up until the end of November 2021. The salary for this position is €48,000 per annum.
To provide assistance on the organisation and administration of events, in particular the Foundation Forum 2021, as well as support on all promotional activities, including social media.
Strategic communication and internal communication
- Support liaison between IC teams, as required;
- Assist reporting and evaluation efforts within the IC unit as well as in the wider organisation’s context;
- Support budget and procurement related tasks.
Organisation and administration of events in particular the Foundation Forum 2021
- Assist with the organisation of events carried out under the remit of the IC-Promotions team and Communication manager;
- Events preparation including programme development and production, liasing with speakers, coordination with events contractor for special events (Forum), stakeholder identification and targeting, invitations, preparation of documentation and online material as required;
- Organisation and management of exhibitions as necessary;
- Coordination of input for presentations at events, website information packages, audio-visual material;
- Events administration and follow up evaluation.
Promotional activities, including social media
- Engage in planning, implementing and evaluating promotion campaigns for publication launches/events/…;
- Assist in researching, drafting and producing (audio-visual) content for various media channels;
General support of IC unit and backup for colleagues as required
- Help where required
- Relevant professional qualification in areas relating to communication, media (relations), social media, marketing, event organisation/administration, publishing.
- Familiar with European Affairs, the European Union and how it functions
- Very good IT skills – particularly Word, Excel and Outlook and experience of CRM/databases;
- Strong interpersonal skills, assertive and excellent ability to communicate both orally and in writing and engage easily with a variety of stakeholders in a professional manner;
- Flexible approach to work with positive, proactive attitude and discretion
- Digital marketing and social media skills;
- Excellent administration, planning and organising skills;
- Detail-oriented and results-driven;
- Excellent language ability; fluent in English and another EU language.