Orange Recruitment are currently seeking a Finance Support Officer to join our client, a Government funded organisation, based in Dublin 2. This is a contract opportunity until end of December 2022. Salary for this position is €25,427.
Working as part of a team the Support Officer is responsible for implementing effective financial administration systems, review and analysis of financial returns, carrying out administrative and financial checks on grant expenditure, the production of financial information and the provision of general administrative support within the Directorate
- Review financial reports submitted by beneficiary groups for accuracy and completeness.
- Carry out administrative and financial checks on grant expenditure to ensure all information submitted is compliant with programme requirements.
- Ensure financial/non-financial data is correct and consistent (e.g. budgets) and support beneficiary groups in meeting financial monitoring requirements
- Monitor data submitted and notify errors or omissions to appropriate team members and/or other relevant parties
- Coordinate the efficient and effective dissemination of information (and guidelines) as and when required
- Provide supports to beneficiary groups by directly responding to queries raised as part of the financial management process of the relevant grant scheme
- Provide finance inputs to presentation materials for seminars, conferences and training sessions for beneficiaries/implementing bodies; participation in these as required
- Highlight any issues that may arise which could feed into the development of training and support for the beneficiary groups/implementing bodies
- Deal with and responding to internal/external queries and information requests, co-ordinating responses to PQs
- Assist with User Acceptance Test process on the organisation’s Finance reporting portals as and when required
- Maintain effective information systems for inter and intra Directorate communication
- Involvement in payment of funds to beneficiary groups via payment set up and other data inputs to Sun Accounts System to facilitate payment run process
- Provide administrative back up and support to all aspects of the Directorate
- Implement and maintain efficient & effective financial administrative systems
- Prepare papers/information for meetings e.g. Directorate, Board, and Sub Committees
- Assist in the identification and reporting of issues of risk
- Any other duties that may be assigned within the general requirements of the role as appropriate for the grade.
- 2/3 years work experience of financial accounts/ financial administration / knowledge of payroll.
- Experience in efficiently managing a busy workload.
- Strong analytical skills & attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Computer literacy particularly in CRM systems, SharePoint, and MS packages e.g. Excel, WORD and Outlook
- An understanding of the operation of databases
- Relevant third level finance qualification (e.g. Certificate, Diploma, accounting technician/recognised payroll qualification), or equivalent is desirable.
- Knowledge of workings of the community/voluntary/public sector (desirable)
- Understanding of Irish language (desirable)