Our client is looking to recruit a Head of Human Resources. As a key strategic senior post, this post reports to the Chief Executive and liaises with the Board. The Head of HR will be a member of the executive management team.
- Developing and implementing the organisation’s HR and Learning & Development Strategy in consultation with key stakeholders and with reference to the overall strategic plan. Delivery of the annual HR Action Plan to ensure that the organisation has the right structure, people and ways of working and approach to deliver improved organisational performance
- To develop and implement a people plan within the respective organisational areas incorporating performance & talent management, recruitment & selection, internal communications, reward & recognition, training & development
- To liaise closely with the Chief Executive & Senior Executive Team in ensuring that the headcount required to deliver services is in place and key staff roles are filled as efficiently as possible.
- To lead the thinking on organisational design and development that will lead to improved business performance
- Lead the development and implementation of an organisation wide HR Infrastructure that delivers operational improvements and efficiencies that support strategic organisational initiatives.
- Management and resolution of ER issues – analysing the challenges and identify underlying causes and the appropriate solutions for individuals and the business.
- To develop a focused talent strategy, appointing, developing and retaining key people to deliver excellence for both present and future organisational needs.
- Actively lead the people aspects of all change processes through prioritisation and sequencing of HR interventions to align to and support the organisation’s plans.
- Lead and develop a team of HR professionals to proactively deliver HR expertise and support through excellence in service, communication, technical HR skills and operational delivery
- Accomplishes special projects results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; evaluating milestone accomplishments etc.
- Be a trusted adviser to senior managers, line managers and their teams, providing expert advice and coaching on all aspects of the HR life cycle, developing strong relationships with the team to ensure that the services provided meet the business need while at the same time driving the people agenda
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines;
- Oversee and manage the HR Budget
- Research competitive cost/non cost compensation and benefits packages including base pay, allowance etc.
- To advice on reward management systems and the operation of pay structures and performance & development pay scheme that attracts, retains and motivates employees.
- Health & Safety: Responsible for managing the H&S Contract for the organisation & Chairing the organisation wide Health & Safety Committee
- GDPR: Responsible for ensuring that the organisation is compliant with all data protection processes and legislation
- Provide support to the CEO in relation to aspects of compliance vis a vis governance e.g. complying with lobbying regulations.
- HR Service Delivery: Implementation of organisational HR systems, processes, policies and procedures in a consistent manner across all areas of the organisation and ensure the HR Service delivery is aligned with the organisation’s business needs while fulfilling its statutory obligations and its obligations to employees
- Develop an effective reporting structure for reporting key HR matters on agreed period basis to Senior Executive Management to ensure effective management of organisation by Senior Executive Management
- Provide for a framework and structure in HR to ensure ability to address both internal and external audits as they arise.
Qualifications & Experience
A third level qualification in HR/Business with CIPD membership
At least 10 years’ experience with at least five at management level with responsibility for Human Resources involving Strategy Development and hands on implementation.
The successful candidate will have significant industry or service sector experience in organisations with a reputation for being progressive in the area of HR Management
CIPD qualified with evidence of continuous professional development
Track record of team development and management
HR experience in a unionised environment is essential
Direct experience of dealing with bodies such as the LRC, Rights Commissioners
In-depth knowledge of employment law