Hockey Ireland is a non-profit, membership-based organisation recognised by Sport Ireland and Sport Northern Ireland as the National Governing Body for all Field and Indoor disciplines of the sport on the island of Ireland.
Hockey Ireland is affiliated to both the European and International Hockey Federations (EHF & FIH).
There is currently c.42,000 registered members and c.155-160 registered clubs throughout the country.
Hockey Ireland is now looking to appoint a High-Performance Director based at Hockey Ireland Headquarters in UCD and at the Sport Ireland Campus at Abbotstown.
The High-Performance Director has overall responsibility for the strategic development and success of the Hockey Ireland High Performance Programme on the World Stage and to put systems in place to ensure its sustainability.
ESSENTIAL – Qualifications and Experience
- Evidence of significant experience (breadth and depth) of working at an organisational level (not personal level) at World class/Olympic level and an understanding of the business environment.
- Full, valid driving licence.
Leading the Culture for Success:
- A recognised formal coaching qualification.
- Experience of leading and managing teams and coaching athletes in a high-performance environment,
- Significant in-depth knowledge of the sport and coaching techniques in a high-performance environment.
Establishing an Approach and Achieving Results:
- Ability to develop and implement sport strategies, systems and processes to deliver outstanding results.
- Experience of delivering within financial budgets.
Enabling the Optimal Environment (for Organisational and Personal Development):
- Excellent communications (verbal and written) including report writing and excellent PC/IT skills (word, excel, PowerPoint etc).
Strengthening Relationships and Working Together for Success:
- Experience of developing strong and sustainable relationships to further the interests of the organisation and sport within a complex ‘political’ environment. Ability to manage to positively influence and manage media relations.
- An ability to connect all stakeholders to the organisation’s values and vision in relation to High Performance Hockey.
How to Apply
A full role description is available on request from our recruitment partner Ascension Executive Recruitment –
Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae and letter of application to no later than 5pm on Friday 24th June 2022