Our client is a leading provider of services to the airline industry, they now have a requirement for a HR Generalist based out of Vancouver.
The HR Generalist is responsible for the day-to-day management and administration of human resource policies, processes, procedures and programs. Assists and provides advice to Company Management and Supervisors on problem resolution. Carries out all functional responsibilities and works with the HR team to ensure consistent application.
Main accountabilities include:
- Must be able to clearly communicate human resources policies, procedures, laws, regulations, company programs and understanding and administration of applicable collective agreements.
- Provides internal customer service, advice, direction to management and employees for day-to-day needs.
- Liaising with employee and union representatives on a range of employee relations matters. Ensure the related coaching documents are prepared and discussed with local management.
- Provide confidential administrative support to Directors, Management and Supervisors.
- Ensure employee files meet the standards required
- Support the management team in arranging and documenting all communications to employees.
- Process all new hires, terminations, changes to hours and salary or job title changes, complete necessary paperwork, update employee database, and issue employment contracts.
- Ensure the smooth flow of processes to increase service delivery and value.
- Coordinates with the third-party consultant and internal management on all work-related claims in accordance with WSIB legislation; compile, analyse, interpret and report accidents and injuries in the workplace; liaison with third party vendor to ensure workers return to work, minimizing lost time.
- Assist with the administration of the national benefit program, including benefit enrolments, changes, liaison with benefit providers.
- Issue and maintain required reports (internal & external).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age and legally able to work in Canada
- CHRP designation, or working toward same
- 3 to 5 years’ progressive experience in a similar role
- Experience with Federally regulated employers
- Experience in the interpretation and administration of collective agreements
- Hands on self-starter able to work using initiative and without supervision
- Excellent organizational planning and administrative skills and a good eye for detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate (speak, read, write in English) with people at different levels and from different geographical and ethnic cultures
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, HRIS (Ultipro)
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays
- Valid G or G2 driver’s license with good driving record