Out client a not for profit organisation based in Dublin City Centre are currently looking to hire In-house Legal Counsel. The salary scale for this position is €75,253 to €88,619, with new entrants starting on the first point of the scale. This is a 3 year contract initially.
To provide high quality corporate in-house legal work, support and advice which enables the organisation carry out its mandated business effectively. Ensuring that they adhere to best practice in terms of meeting their legal requirements and co-ordinating access to cost efficient and effective legal advice/guidance, where this may occasionally be required.
- Providing ongoing legal support to business operations working closely with all internal stakeholders in the delivery of Government funded programmes across the organisation.
- Providing legal advice and input into a broad range of contractual, administrative and employment matters as required including privacy matters, corporate governance, property, litigation, data protection, freedom of information etc.
- Support statutory compliance and monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment taking appropriate action to ensure compliance with these changes.
- Translate applicable law to provide practical guidance to staff where relevant new legislation is introduced.
- Supporting the production and implementation of policies and procedures within the legal function and contributing to staff training when required.
- Instruct external legal advisors and the management of costs, ensuring value for money.
- Developing a deep understanding of the organisations operations across the business and identifying areas where legal input can be provided.
- Liaison with the Company Secretary in relation to Board meetings, company filings etc.
- Ongoing participation in various cross-functional initiatives and projects.
- Achieve standards of the highest integrity and have a sound understanding of issues of probity.
- A qualified Solicitor with 5 years PQE
- Relevant experience from an Irish legal and regulatory perspective, including experience of the public sector.
- Strong communicator with a natural ability to develop trusting relationships and support structures with key colleagues and other relevant parties.
- Understanding of social inclusion issues and the contribution of the community and voluntary sector to local development, inclusion, equality and reconciliation.
- Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, databases, SharePoint portals etc.
- Law Society Practice Certificate