Duties, Responsibilities & Accountability
- Develop and deliver a robust sales strategy in order to grow the laboratory consumable market share on the island of Ireland.
- Enhance and build productive long-lasting relationships with both new and existing customers.
- Maintain and expand client database within your assigned territory which is Ireland incl. Northern Ireland.
- Maintaining activity & interaction data through the proper use of CRM and Outlook.
- Reports include weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analysis.
- Work through customer issues, investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Achieve sales and margin targets as set by the company.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Proven Sales Experience with a track record of over-achieving quota is desirable.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
Practical experience of Life Science or Environmental Science Instrumentation and Techniques re:
Genomics, Proteomics, Cell Culture or Microbiology to include:
- Cell culture of primary and established cells, including isolation of primary cells from blood and tissues
- Immunoprecipitation and activity assays.
- Luciferase Assays.
- Northern, Southern and Western blotting.
- Standard and quantitative PCR.
- Multicolour flow cytometry
- Immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescent imaging.
- HPLC and mass spectrometry
- In vivo techniques.
Electrochemistry, Analytical Sciences or Surface Water Monitoring re:
- Dissolved Oxygen
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Client relationship development skills
- Competent computer user, MS Office essential, CRM experience desirable.
- Product knowledge of biochemistry/electrochemistry instrumentation & consumable products