Overview of role:
As a Mobile Phone Repair Technician you will be responsible for achieving personal
production targets while maintaining the required repair quality standards.
Reporting Line: Workshop Manager
Main Responsibilities are not limited to but will include:
- Mobile Phone Repairs
- Productivity – achieve personal production targets.
- ESD (Electrostatic Sensitive Discharge) – observing all workshop ESD requirements
- Documentation – completed to required standards.
- Customer Satisfaction – completing repairs to the required standard and return within the designated period.
- Technical Queries – handling customer requests for technical assistance.
- Health and Safety – working within required work practices and adhering to company health and safety policies.
- Quality – operate to required company standards.
- General Duties – assisting in workshop maintenance to ensure a clean and healthy workshop environment.
- Collection of repairs from technicians
- Monitoring of repair reports to ensure efficient flow of work
- Testing of handsets on manufacturer approved equipment and using the correct Manufacturer-specified tests.
- Maintaining QA & Final Test fails database.
- Picking and movement of jobs throughout building.
- Collection of repairs from technicians and prioritizing TAT sensitive handsets.
- Monitoring of repair reports to ensure efficient flow of work.
- Reporting issues with equipment and model specific tests to Team Leader /Workshop Production manager
- Picking and movement of jobs throughout building
- Repairing units to manufacturer specifications using appropriate manuals parts and test equipment.
- Working with the QA & Workshop team to ensure daily and monthly targets are achieved.
- Reporting issues with equipment and model specific tests to Final Team Leader/Workshop Manager.
- ESD Requirements:
- Ensure observation of all relevant ESD requirements.
- Maintain all ESD equipment issued to required standards.
Ideally you have been educated to certificate or diploma standard in a relevant technical discipline and you will ideally possess the following attributes:
- Electrical Repair Experience essential
- High level of initiative, along with the ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, flexible and dependable
- Detail oriented, pro-active and self-motivated with excellent follow through
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Can-do, will do attitude
- Team player