Our client, a Public Body based in Dublin City Centre is currently recruiting for a Payroll Assistant. This is a 12 month contract opportunity with the salary €34,106 per annum.
Working as part of the finance team, the successful candidate will assist with the monthly payroll process for over 700 employees (including pensioners), reporting to the Payroll Officer within the finance team.
- Assisting and ensuring the accurate and timely end to end processing of the monthly payroll.
- Assisting with the administering third party deductions.
- Assisting with the completion of control checks prior to transmitting the final monthly payment.
- Liaise with the Finance Department/Finance Manager to ensure payroll accruals are accurate.
- Liaising with HR and other departments in relation to employee information for joiners, leavers and amendments.
- Ensuring compliance with Revenue under new PAYE modernisation.
- Keep up to date with legislative changes which impact on payroll.
- Assisting with the accurate and timely processing and completion of payroll year end.
- Assisting with the Preparation and submission of payroll related CSO returns and Pension Broker Reports.
- Dealing with staff queries responsively, accurately and confidentially.
- Assist with Internal and External Audit requirements.
- Any other relevant duties as requested.
Required skills and competencies:
- At least 1 year experience in a relevant payroll role, with a track record in processing payroll.
- IPASS qualified or in the process of gaining IPASS Qualification
- Knowledge of public sector pay and pension processing
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Excellent time management, administration skills and attention to detail
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and Word
- Experience with Core preferred but not essential
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 13th November 2019 at 5 p.m.