Our client a public body based in Dublin city centre is currently looking for a Payroll Officer for a 18 month cover contract. Initially the successful candidate will be working from home due to current Government guidelines in response to Covid19. Subject to the lifting of these restrictions, this role will be based in their office in Dublin 1.
Working as part of the wider finance team, this will be a stand-alone position where the successful candidate will take ownership of a monthly payroll process for over 750 employees (including 350 pensioners).
- Responsibility for end to end accurate processing of the monthly payroll for 750 employees
- Administering third party deductions, i.e. Pension, VHI, Social Welfare, LPT, ASC etc.
- Completing control checks prior to transmitting the final monthly payment
- Liaising with the Finance Department/Finance Manager to ensure payroll accruals are accurate
- Liaising with HR and other departments in relation to employee information for joiners, leavers and amendments
- Prepare and compile specialised payroll reports to support overall budgeting forecasts
- Ensuring compliance with Revenue under PAYE modernisation
- Keep up to date with legislative changes which impact on payroll
- Accurate and timely processing and completion of payroll year end
- Complete reports for pension administrator and CSO.
- Providing reports as required by the HR team to ensure full compliance with working time directive etc.
- Responsible for the preparation of both Internal and External Audits
- Manage the accurate capture of annual leave entitlements in line with company policy and reporting to HR to ensure employees do not exceed entitlement and highlight any concerns to line management
- Accurate recording of absence i.e. ensuring all relevant paperwork is submitted in a timely fashion.
- Monitor and maintain the integrity of the CoreHR Payroll records maintained on the system
- Monitor user acceptance testing to ensure accurate delivery of system upgrade from a payroll perspective
- Maintenance of a strong control environment including the protection of data.
- Support the Finance Team through effective management of Payroll Administration
- Develop and maintain the Finance/Payroll Intranet to disseminate critical payroll information
- The successful candidate must have a minimum of 3 years work experience in a relevant payroll position and have had experience and responsibility for full end to end processing of a busy payroll
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and MSWord
- Knowledge and understanding of public sector payroll rules and circulars
- IPASS qualified
- Knowledge of public sector pay and pension processing
- Experience with Core HR system preferred but not essential
- The person appointed will need to have the capacity to work from home, safely and securely, and have personal and private access to a laptop/PC with WiFi connectivity for the duration of the contract.