The successful candidate will be an experienced communications professional who will work closely with other members in the organisation to develop and implement the organisation’s objectives and strategies in the areas of public, media and political relations.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Coordinating and managing all external communications.
- Developing materials which would increase awareness and visibility of the organisation’s mission across public, media and political domains.
- Researching and developing ideas to enhance public interest and to achieve media coverage.
- Organizing media events, including press releases, press briefings, media interviews and photo opportunities.
- Generating creative content and ideas for the organisation’s website and social media accounts.
- Establishing, managing and developing relationships with stakeholders.
- Keeping up-to-date with national and international political developments to assess their impact on communications/media strategies.
- Evaluating the progress of communications and media strategies to enhance future performance.
- Promoting cultural events and increasing media and public interest in the organisation’s mission.
- Degree in relevant discipline.
- Previous work experience in public relations, communications and/or media relations.
- Excellent written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Irish media landscape.
- Familiarity with current international Middle Eastern issues and debates.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Experience of working in a media setting.
- Existing relationships with media contacts.
- Knowledge of the Irish political system and national political issues.