Orange recruitment are inviting applications for the role of Procurement Officer for our leading Audio Visual Tech industry client based in Dublin west.
This is a full time role. Salary is negotiable D.O.E.
- Monitoring stock levels and identifying purchasing needs
- Researching potential vendors
- Tracking orders and ensuring timely delivery
We are looking for a Purchasing Officer/Administrator to order supplies and equipment based on our company’s needs. Purchasing Assistant responsibilities include researching new vendors, tracking deliveries and updating order records (e.g. dates, invoices and discounts.) If you’re familiar with supply chain procedures and know how to create and translate cost analyses, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will make cost-effective purchases and ensure we maintain a fully stocked inventory.
What you will be doing.
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs
- Research potential vendors
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Update internal databases with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, discounts)
- Conduct market research to identify pricing trends
- Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices
- Prepare cost analyses
- Maintain updated records of invoices and contracts
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
- Liaise with warehouse staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Purchasing Assistant, Purchasing officer or similar role is an advantage
- Excellent communications skills
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Hands-on experience with purchasing software is an advantage. Full training is provided
- Strong knowledge of MS office
- Solid organisational skills