Function and responsibilities
As a Quality Lead you will be responsible for monitoring, designing, implementing and performing activities related to quality, environment, safety and health within the organization.
Your Duties will include:
- Support and advice the Plant Manager and in relation to quality topics, process and policy.
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve quality activities and processes.
- Take the lead in investigations into customer complaints and initiate corrective/preventive action as required
- Prepare annual quality plans & reviews and conduct customer and internal audits and evaluations as required.
- Delivery of quality management information and reports to all stakeholders.
- Managing, monitoring and improving the quality management systems (ISO 9001).
- Initiating and leading improvement projects regarding quality and safety and monitor the progress of current projects.
- Maintain contact with external bodies and such as Customers, Competent Authority’s, Certifying bodies etc.
- Leading external audits & inspections.
- A third level degree in engineering, science discipline or diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Management is needed to be considered for this role.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience as well as a good knowledge of business processes in a comparable industry (food/pharma)
- Understanding of management systems (ISO 9001)
- Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio);
- Analytical, critical and problem-solving skills (lean management experience an advantage)
- An enthusiastic, proactive and flexible attitude to work
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Capable of working on his/her own initiative and as part of a team