Our client, a charity that provides services for over 20,000 adults and children, and champions the value of diversity and inclusion for people with disabilities or disadvantage in their communities throughout Ireland and the UK, are currently recruiting for a Staff Nurse (RNID qualified) for their respite services in Mountcharles, Co Donegal.
The Staff Nurse will be responsible for the management, direct care provisions and support of service users with Intellectual disabilities, to ensure that the optimum standard of care is provided within the service and will provide clinical and professional leadership and development to the care work team.
The Staff Nurse will support the Services Manager in the delivery of quality client focus care in a person centred respite service.
The Staff Nurse will assist the Service Manager in ensuring HIQA regulations and Rehab Group standards are implemented and maintained within the service.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Full registration with the NMBI
- RGN, RNID qualification
- Clinical knowledge, reasoning skills and evidence based practice to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the role.
- Demonstrates effective analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience in providing a high standard of nursing care and the maintenance of nursing records
- Experience in the delivery of quality care in a disability setting in line with HIQA standards.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with individuals with Intellectual Disability.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement a recognized model of nursing and lead the holistic approach to nursing care within a defined service to include developing care plans that best meet the needs of individuals and reflects their wishes/choices; in order to ensure the care values of the organisation are being reflected at all times
- Coach and monitor the staff team with regard to HIQA regulations and standards and implementation of same, within a defined service, in order that the service is compliant during announced and unannounced inspections
- Take management responsibility for and co-ordinate the management of care for service users in the area and supervise and work with care staff and co-ordinate and contribute to the inter-disciplinary team approach to client care.
- You will be responsible for assisting with all personal and intimate care needs of clients, such as assisting with personal hygiene needs, incontinence care, assisting with dressing and undressing, grooming, oral hygiene, assisting with eating and drinking, assisting with elimination needs, assisting with mobility and transferring, assisting with activities etc.
- Ensure that correct procedures and policies are complied with in the administration and storage of all drugs and in accordance with An Bord Altranais Codes of Practice.
- To be a member of a care team in providing a service which is in keeping with the social model of care and is delivered in a way which maintains a homely environment for service users.
- Practices nursing care safely and effectively, fulfilling her / his professional responsibility within her / his scope of practice.
- Practices in accordance with legislation affecting nursing practice
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
Salary will be in line with HSE current pay scale for Nurse.