Software Development Project Manager
- Our client is looking to recruit a Software Development Project Manager primarily to manage a portfolio of Projects for their retail and online applications requirements.
- The Applications Project Manager is expected to take responsibility for managing teams that will design and create fast, secure, reliable and highly usable applications.
- The role will involve working with teams of design, development, infrastructure, architect and database specialists. He/she will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Work closely with management to understand the business requirement for the projects, developing effective working relationships and ongoing management processes for the project.
- Work across the whole development department to lead the project team and ensure that all development projects are delivered within the timescales and to the quality expected.
- Define and manage changes in the project scope, goals and deliverables, resource requirements and work plan for the projects, managing project dependencies, critical path and success criteria.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Ensure that the project is delivered within the financial requirements and the expected timeframe of the Business.
- Manage, monitor and motivate the cross functional team assigned to the project, including internal team members, external consultant and suppliers.
- All reporting, including project progress, risks & issues analysis, Ad-hoc reporting
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of
required personnel from within the company.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and
Influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to
identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- A proven track record of successful project delivery within the Web development
- Experience of an online environment within a 24/7 business.
- Team management experience.
- Excellent stakeholder management.
- Experience of the whole project life cycle, gained within complex enterprise
- Knowledge of programming environments using, amongst other languages, C++,
- Experienced using MS Project, Visio, Jira and similar project management tools.
- Ability to select and apply most appropriate project methodology to the situation.
- The ability to foster motivation within the project team to meet tight deadlines.
- The ability to have a strong impact and influence key decisions.
- Additional hours may be required in meet project deadlines.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with stakeholders, or offsite