Manages the maintenance and repair of all moulds in operation. Liaise with external contractors for the manufacture and repair of jigs & fixtures and spare parts for injection moulds. Reporting to the Tool room Group Leader.
- Toolmaking qualification plus time served with a toolmaker producing injection moulds.
- Previous experience in an injection mould making / mould maintenance environment.
- Good knowledge of milling, turning, grinding, sparking and fitting.
- Ability to weld.
- Good knowledge in mould maintenance and experience of supporting a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in the manufacture and/or repair/maintenance of the following mould types would be a distinct advantage:
- Multi cavity moulds
- Hot Runner moulds
- Valve gated moulds
- Stack moulds
- Good understanding of the injection moulding process.
- Previous experience working on technically challenging applications would be an advantage (ie) medical, tight tolerance work.
- Ability to interact with suppliers, customers and external toolmakers.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics would be an advantage.